Sunday, September 2, 2012

LOVE

Ainsley Beatrix Ward....I will always love saying it, thinking it or hearing that beautiful name spoken .  We now have pictures up around the house to continue to look at and be reminded of the love given to and received from Ainsley. Ainsley Beatrix Ward left us on the afternoon of August 28, 2012.  Things had moved fast the past couple of days concerning Ainsley's condition and her ability to hang in there, even with the great measures that were being taken to assist her in carrying on. However, she did not pass away breathing the same dry air of the hospital, having little to smell, and only the sounds of voices and alarms to make up her world. She was able to be in our arms, breathe fresh mountain air, have the sun kiss her face, and listen to the sounds of crickets chirping and leaves moving in a slight breeze. Ginnie and I have never known the love we have experienced with Ainsley, and possibly may not again. She will always remain perfect to us and we will dearly miss her beauty, strength, love, and just her presence.

I know I've said it before, but we are blessed to live close to Mission Hospital. The doctors and nurses of our hospital here in Asheville are some of the most superb human beings I have had the pleasure of meeting in my short life. Without them, we may have never even gotten the opportunity to know our daughter for the 25 days that we did, and they have been beautiful to us and Ainsley every step of the way.

Much love and thanks to everyone who has sent their prayers, positive thoughts and energy, and just supported us throughout the past month. We love you all!





4 comments:

  1. Mike,
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful blessing. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine what you and Ginnie are going through. Ainsley is and always will be beautiful and perfect. Please know that Adam and I are available if you need anything. Don't hesitate to ask. I'm praying for you and Ginnie every time you cross my mind, which these days is quite often. I'm praying that strength and comfort surround you in the coming days.

    Much love,
    Rhonda Brand

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little girl...her perfect little nose and sweet tiny mouth. She has changed us all, Mike. Thank you for letting me know your daughter. You and Ginnie are such loving and kind people, and wonderful parents to this perfect child. Too perfect for this world, as you said. I keep her picture on my phone and on my computer as a reminder of all of the bittersweet things she has taught me about life, love, and loss. She is perfect. She is love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful....Ainsley truly touched more lives than some do in a lifetime. Love to you both. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy she was able to be outside in your arms. There are no words to describe how beautiful the picture is you posted. Love you.

    ReplyDelete